Maritime services: ship management
Due to its strategic position, Malta is a forefront in the maritime, offering a whole range of international maritime services and facilities. Thus, its deep natural harbours and well equipped ports allow Malta to provide a haven for international shipping.
Governed by the Malta Maritime Authority (MMA), and also by the international ship register, Malta offers additional services, including the following:
• Ship supplies and towage services
• Ship building and ship repair yards
• Modern facilities for transhipment and distribution
• A cruise liners hub
• International yacht marinas
• A very successful and efficient Freeport and oil terminal
• High level training for officers
• A very well respected nautical school.